Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What We Did & And What We Saw: Mission to New Orleans Part Two

There are still so many houses in ruins like this house in the picture above.

This is the house we worked on during the week.


This is one of the heaps of ruble that we cleaned out of the house.


This is our team leader working on some framing


This is a picture of my brother and me, along with another guy on our team, after we finished frame a window.

On my mission trip to New Orleans, my team and I did electrical and framing work on a house. It was such a joy to see the Home Owner's face light up as we helped in the rebuilding of her home.



Three other woman and I framed two closets and replaced some ceiling beams in one room. We also cleaned out the house so that it would be all ready for sheet rock.



It was fun having my brother Luke go on the trip with me. He was busy doing electrical work along with the other guys on our team.



Continue to pray with me for Erlean, the Home Owner, that she would come to know Jesus as her Lord and Savior.

No comments: