Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thoughts from My Day


Today God has impressed my heart with His great faithfulness and the merciful way He deals with His children daily. I sin momentarily, forsaking my precious Lord and Savior, but I rejoice that He remains faithful when I am faithless---He finds me when I have lost my way. My heart is overwhelmed, but when I fix my eyes upon Christ and not upon the waves surrounding me, I find peace---peace not of this world, but peace that can only be attributed to my heavenly Father.

As I am tormented by the waves and storms of this life, I cry out to God and His reply is TRUST. I find that it hurts to trust---to let go of my scattered dreams and desires and hand them over to my kind Creator. I struggle, but Christ is greater than my struggles; I hurt, but the joy I have in Christ is greater; and I grow weary, but Christ's strength never runs out.

Knowing that I am held in sovereign, loving hands, encouraged my heart today. Remembering that I am hidden in Christ---that I am not my own, but have been bought by Christ's blood---makes my soul rejoice.

Almighty Father, I praise you that I am Your child. You are my daily strength, my constant joy, my sustaining grace, my gracious Lord, my mighty rock, my shelter, and my sure foundation. Fix my wandering eyes on You and uphold me today. I rest in Your arms, safe from the storms around me.

No comments: