Tuesday, May 5, 2009

No Turning Back

I love standing outside at the close of the day as the sun is setting behind the mountains. The sky comes alive with beautiful colors as the clouds reflect the sun's rays. Gold, pink, purple, blue, and all in various shades. The sight is breath taking and causes my heart to flip. The heavens above beckon my soul to join in something greater than myself...to join in with all creation glorifying and praising the Lord Almighty.

I also love hiking in the woods, watching squirrels and chipmunks scamper up and down the tall trees, and listening to a gurgling stream make its way down the mountain. Butterflies flutter by the wildflowers growing along the path and the bees buzz along as they collect pollen. All of creation is a constant reminder of the awesome Creator who brought it into being and who deserves all of our worship and adoration.

So here I stand, amazed by the God who saved me and made me His. My life is no longer mine but His and I want it to be completely spent making much of my Lord and Savior. He alone saved me from His Father's holy wrath against my sin and clothed me in His righteousness...to Him I owe everything. I am a follower of Jesus Christ and I will not turn back. Wherever He leads, I will go and whatever He says, I will do. My joy and delight is found in Christ alone---my greatest treasure in this whole world! No matter the cost, I will follow on in the strength the Lord provides. By His grace I will stay the course and fight the good fight. I will run the race and climb the path He has set me on---no matter the cost. People may misunderstand me and think I have lost my mind, but all that matters to me is Jesus. I must live for an audience of one---there is no other way to live completely and fully for Christ. So I fix my eyes on the Sovereign Lord of my soul, setting all my hope on Him, and trusting Him for direction and help as I travel down the path He has set me on.

No comments: